StoverLaw provides every significant legal service a telecom carrier or manufacturer requires to enter and succeed in the telecom market. Increasingly, companies in the telecom field come to us for our expertise in regulatory and litigation matters, public policy advocacy, labor and employment law, complex transactional issues, corporate finance, intellectual property, licensing, as well as unique capabilities in land use, governmental relations, employee benefits and antitrust. Several decades of regulatory policy and transactional experience allows us to counsel clients on the legal issues at the core of the telecom business.
- At all 51 state public utility commissions (certification applications, intrastate tariffing, interconnection agreements with incumbent local exchange carriers, advocacy in rulemakings on policy matters, filing and defense of complaint cases, informal advocacy to commission staffs and Commissioners)
- Particular experience before and expertise in the operations of the California Public Utilities Commission, the New York Public Service Commission, the Texas Public Utility Commission, Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, New Jersey Board of Public Utilities, and the Virginia State Corporation Commission.
- At the Federal Communications Commission (compliance with FCC regulations affecting competitive local exchange and interexchange carriers, advocacy in rulemakings in policy matters, particularly implementation of Telecom Act of 1996, including informal advocacy (ex parte appearances) before FCC Staff and Commissioners).
- State and Federal court litigation regarding business, commercial, real estate, intellectual property, including patent infringement, and alternative dispute resolution.
- Advocacy before the California Legislature and its committees and staff on policy issues affecting telecommunications carriers
- Advocacy to California counties, cities and administrative districts on policy issues affecting telecommunications carriers
- Advocacy to the California Congressional delegation in the U.S. Congress on telecommunications issues
- Corporate counseling and formation
- Complex contract negotiation and licensing
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Antitrust counselling, litigation and defense